"The tremendous launch in Denmark shows the strength in LeoVegas when we deliver at our best: a combination of technological and product excellence combined with effective marketing that we quickly scale, which also has given us a strong start of Q2" – Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO and co-founder
First quarter: 1 January-31 March 2016
- Revenue increased by 49% to EUR 43.9 m (29.5). Organic growth was 46%.
- Revenue from regulated markets accounted for 18.3% (17.6%) of total revenue.
- Successful launch in Denmark, which resulted in Denmark accounting for 3 percent of net gaming revenues (NGR) in the first quarter.
- EBITDA was EUR 6.0 m (-1.3), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 13.7% (-4.4%).
- EBITDA adjusted for items affecting comparability was EUR 6.2 m (4.0), corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 14.0% (13.5%).
- Operating profit (EBIT) was EUR 5.5 m (-1.6). EBIT adjusted for items affecting comparability was EUR 5.7 m (3.7), corresponding to an adjusted EBIT margin of 12.9% (12.6%).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution were EUR 0.05 (-0.02).
- Strong net cash position of 64,0 MEUR
- Mobile deposits accounted for 67% (61%) of total deposits. Total deposits increased by 86% to EUR 149.6 m (80.5).
- The number of depositing customers was 172,338 (121,615), an increase of 42%. The number of new depositing customers was 75,017 (60,989), an increase of 23%.
- The number of returning depositing customers was 97,321 (60,626), an increase of 61%.
Events after the end of the quarter
- The Board of Directors proposes to the Annual General Meeting on 17 May 2017 that a dividend of SEK 1.00 be paid to the shareholders for the full year 2016, for a total pay-out of SEK 99,695,470. The dividend of SEK 1.00 corresponds to EUR 0.10448 per share, totalling EUR 10,416,226.
- The current Chairman of the board Robin Ramm-Ericson decide to leave the chair role for the benefit of its executive management role within LeoVegas. Mårten Forste proposed as new Chairman of the board and Tuva Palm is proposed as new Board member.
- Regulated markets accounted for 26% of NGR in April.
- Denmark continued its strong performance and accounted for 5% of revenue in April.
Comment from Gustaf Hagman – Group CEO and co-founder
Revenue totalled EUR 43.9 m (29.5) during the first quarter, representing growth of 49%. Organic growth was 46%. Revenue from regulated markets accounted for 18.3% of total revenue.
EBITDA adjusted for items affecting comparability increased to EUR 6.2 m (-4.0), corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 14.0%. The main reason that the EBITDA margin in the first quarter was lower than in the fourth was due to increased marketing costs in mainly Denmark and the UK.
The launch in Denmark that took place at the end of the fourth quarter has gone extremely well and is one of the most successful launches the Company has ever made. Owing to a combination of our Mobile First focus, product and technological innovation and effective marketing, we have quickly established ourselves as a significant contender in Denmark. A great kudos to our phenomenal team, who made this successful launch in Denmark possible.
During the quarter, we received a licence for Sports in the Irish market and launched sports in New Zealand.
On 1 March, we completed the acquisition of the Italian gaming operator Winga, which is yet another milestone in LeoVegas' history, as Winga is the Company's first acquisition. The LeoVegas brand will be gradually introduced in the Italian market. With LeoVegas as the new owner, above all our data-driven work approach in marketing, our product strength and our mobile technology will bring strong value-added to the business.
Comments on second quarter
April got off to a strong start, with Net Gaming Revenue (NGR) of EUR 16.5 m (9.2), representing growth of 79%.
In the first quarter, we started scaling our marketing efforts to continue to drive growth. In the second quarter, we expect our marketing to revenue ratio to be slightly higher than in the first quarter as we see positive return on investment on many new marketing efforts as well as opportunities to try new marketing channels that have the potential to scale up in the future.
We continue to actively evaluate acquisition opportunities, and with a cash position of more than EUR 60 m, we have resources to carry out additional strategic acquisitions going forward.
In summary, the first quarter was stable and represents yet another step on the path to our financial targets of EUR 300 m in revenue and a 15% margin by 2018.
Presentation of the report – today at 09:00 CET
To participate in the conference call, and thereby be able to ask questions, please call one of the following numbers: SE: SE: +46 (0) 8 5065 3937, UK: +44 (0) 20 3427 1918, US: + 1646 254 3360 code: 3156710 or join at the web http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/rhbrwhti
This information is information that LeoVegas AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation 596/2014. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, at 3rd of May CET on 08:00 2017.
For further information, please contact:
Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO co-founder: +46 70-880 55 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
Viktor Fritzén, Group CFO: +46 73-612 26 67, email@example.com
Visitors address: Sveavägen 59, Stockholm
Corporate identity number: 556830-4033
About the LeoVegas mobile gaming group
LeoVegas' vision is to create the ultimate mobile gaming experience and be number one in mobile gaming. The business is distinguished by award-winning innovation and strong growth. LeoVegas' technical development is conducted in Sweden, while operations are based in Malta. The Swedish parent company LeoVegas AB (publ) invests in companies that offer gaming via mobile devices and desktop computers along with companies that develop related technologies. LeoVegas has attracted major international acclaim and has won numerous awards, including "Nordic Operator of the year", "Mobile Marketing Campaign of the year", and "Innovation in Mobile and Tablet of the Year" at the international EGR Awards. LeoVegas bases its development on "Mobile First" and is at the forefront of using state-of-the-art technology in the mobile gaming market. With a foundation in a great gaming experience, long-term customer relationships and establishment of a strong brand, the company has attracted a steadily growing customer base through innovative, effective and data-driven marketing. Since its start, the mobile gaming company LeoVegas has shown strong quarter-on-quarter growth. LeoVegas' shares are listed on Nasdaq First North Premier. Avanza Bank AB is the company's Certified Adviser. For more about LeoVegas, visit www.leovegas.com and www.leovegasgroup.com.
Throughout this report, figures in parentheses pertain to the same period a year earlier.
The dividend has been converted using the exchange rate as at 31 December 2016